Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Intramural time!

Hey fellow DURP students,

Fall intramurals are coming up, and I was wondering if anyone would want to form a team. Possible co-rec sports of interest are flag football, kickball, softball, and volleyball. A full list of sports and the schedule can be found here.

Last year some of the MUPs formed a flag football team, the Muppets, and despite winning only 1 game we still had a lot of fun, even those of us who were totally clueless about football.

Personally, I think kickball would be awesome. Who doesn't want to relive their playground days?

Anyway, if anyone is interested in playing any of these sports, registration is coming up for some of them. Leave a comment here if you're interested!

11 comments:

Brad said...

I'm definitely down. With so many athletic MUP1s and many BAUPs expressing interest, I propose we field both a kickball and football team. Of course, each will be co-ed and open to all in the department. Please reply to let us know if you're interested in doing an IM sport this season.

jane said...

Kickball I'm all about.

I'd also do volleybal, though I imagine that will get less group support...

lcurvey said...

I think volleyball would be fun. It would get us out of the cold and mud. Of course real men play kickball...:-)~

Dan Begert said...

Football, kickball, volley, and may I add soccer all sound good to me. I would sign up for more than one team if we get enough people interested.

BTW my email is begert1@illinois if anyone is putting a list together.

Michael W. said...

I'll do it all, with football and kickball highest on the list.

Rachel said...

I'd be interested in sand volleyball and/or softball. I can't throw (or catch) a football to save my life!

Izofoa said...

I'm in for kickball and/or volleyball.

sang said...

Yeah to kickball or volleyball!

LES said...

Count me in for kickball!

Janel said...

I'm in. Football, kickball...whatever.

Christoph said...

I'd do football and/or volleyball but I especially like Dans soccer idea!